Born to a family of entrepreneurs, native son David T. Wilson spent his early years roaming East Litchfield’s hills and vales. When not experiencing the challenges of New England farming or learning about the family’s automobile dealership, his time was devoted to formal studies. With grammar school behind him, David went “up the hill”, eventually graduating from Litchfield High School. After graduation, he enrolled in the Aviation Mechanics program at the H.H. Ellis Regional Vocational Technical school before beginning five years of service with the U.S Coast Guard, ending with an honorable discharge in 1972 as an Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM-2). Resettled in Connecticut after his service, David studied Business Administration at Northwestern Connecticut Community College while applying his mechanical expertise and managerial abilities to the family business, Wilson Dodge/Nissan.
With the automobile industry in flux and seeking new challenges, in 1979 David’s natural management skills and his intuitive understanding of financial matters lead him to a new career in the insurance and financial services market. After years of serving primarily small business owners’ insurance needs, including health insurance, David’s firm evolved into a solely financial practice. David continues serving his clients through portfolio management, successfully protecting their significant investments to ensure a sound financial future.
A life-learner, David studied industry courses at American College. Through associations with various professional organizations he participates in continuing education opportunities. His real-world experience includes 30 years as Litchfield’s elected Town Treasurer. He understands government finances and obligations with practical experience ranging from campaign finance to capital improvements, currently serving as Litchfield’s Capital Improvement committee chair, and is a member of the Town’s Pension Board. He knows how to create budgets and responsibly manage bond and debt issues. In addition to managing his own business, David’s private-sector experience includes: Board of Directors, Litchfield Bancorp, since 1994; Board of Trustees, Center Congregational Church; past Director and Treasurer, Child and Family Services NW; past Trustee and Treasurer, Oliver Wolcott Library; past Director and Treasurer, the Goshen Players; and current Director and Treasurer, Visiting Nurses Association, Northwest board.
David T. Wilson still lives in his boyhood home on Wheeler Road with his wife Lynne where they are often surrounded by family and friends, including five children and seven grand-children.
- Graduate, Litchfield High School
- Studied Aviation Mechanics, H.H. Ellis Regional Vocational Technical School
- Studied Business Administration, Northwestern Connecticut Community College
- Studied Relevant Industry courses, The American College
- U.S. Coast Guard, 1967-1972; honorably discharged Aviation Structural Mechanic (AM-2)
- Litchfield Volunteer Ambulance Company
- Volunteer Fireman, East Litchfield Volunteer Fire Company
- FINRA Series 6, 26, 63 & 65 licenses
- Life, Health and Variable Products Licenses
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Member, Society of Financial Services Professionals
- 1994 to present-Board of Directors, Litchfield Bancorp
- Executive, Audit, and Finance Committees
- Chair, OREO Committee
- Current Director and Treasurer, Visiting Nurses Association, Northwest board
- Board of Trustees, Center Congregational Church
- Past Treasurer, Litchfield Volunteer Ambulance Company
- Past President and Treasurer, Litchfield-Morris Rotary Club
- Past Treasurer, Litchfield-Morris Rotary Club’s Educational Endowment Fund
- Past Director and Treasurer, Child and Family Services NW
- Past Trustee and Treasurer, Oliver Wolcott Library
- Past Director and Campaign Chair, Torrington Area United Way
- Past Director and Treasurer, Goshen Players
- Past Campaign Treasurer, Committee to Elect Craig Miner
- Received the National Quality Award
- Qualified as a member of the Million Dollar Round Table